Stokes County Senior Citizens Department
- Provided to persons 60+ who need a ride to nutrition programs, doctors’ appointments, grocery shopping, pharmacy. Advance notice required for scheduling.
- Congregate Meals
- Site locations are : Francisco Community Building, King recreation Acres and Walnut Cove Senior Center. Seniors and their spouse may eat on a donation basis. Guests under sixty must pay $5.07. Program provides a means of socialization plus a hot nutritious meal. Reservations recommended.
- Home Delivered Meals
- A noon meal is delivered to homebound elderly by volunteers. Menus adhere to state guidelines and provide 1/3 of daily food requirements.
- Information & Referral
- Staff assist older adults and their caregivers in accessing appropriate resources such as Pharmacy Discount Assistance, Legal Services, Social and Club Information, Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP), Companionship Information, Tax Preparation, Housing Information, Operation Heat Relief and Community Outreach Programs.
- Health Promotion
- Health & Wellness : Senior Information Day. An annual fall health fair provides services, screening and information.
- File of Life
- Volunteer Opportunities
Senior Centers:Visit Stokes County Senior Citizens Department