Description: Crape Myrtle Festival’s mission is to encourage and promote the development of services for persons living with HIV; additionally, to raise money to provide financial assistance, outreach and education to realized needs within the local LGBTQ+ community, to encourage the growth and healthy diversity, creativity and communication within the local LGBTQ+ community, and to honor these accomplishments through grand celebration.
Who: Crape Myrtle Festival (CMF) is a 100% volunteer-led 501c3 non-profit committed to financially supporting the development of services and programs for HIV service organizations and organizations serving the LGBTQ+ community in the Triangle area through annual grant awards. Grants are only made to non-profit, tax-exempt, charitable organizations.
What : Annual grants are made to non-profit, tax-exempt, charitable organizations. In addition, outreach and fellowship events are held regularly to raise grant money and promote HIV/AIDS awareness and community engagement.
Why: Fundraising for 501c3 organizations dealing with HIV/AIDS and the LGBTQ+ community.
When: Please find our history here: https://crapemyrtlefest.org/about We are here to help any way we can! Please find additional information on our website: https://crapemyrtlefest.org/Visit Crape Myrtle Festival
Additional Resources in Across NC - Statewide County
- American Society on Aging
- Healthy Sexual
- Hope Remains
- Legal Aid NC – Senior Law Project
- Many Voices
- MORE POWERFUL NC
- NATIONAL FAITH HIV/AIDS AWARENESS DAY FAITH LEADER TOOLKIT
- NC AIDS Action Network
- NC Area Agencies on Aging
- NC Baptist Aging Ministry (BAM)
- NC INJURY AND VIOLENCE PREVENTION BRANCH STOP STIGMA GUIDE
- Never Use Alone
- North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition
- NORTH CAROLINA INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE
- North Carolina Senior Resources
- Southern AIDS Coalition (SAC)
- The Black Church and HIV
- THE NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
- Undetectable = Untransmittable