- This event has passed.
Embracing the Body: Renewing the Mind: Engaging the Spirit — POSTPONED
March 13, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MORE INFORMATION IN THE COMING WEEKS.
“Jeremiah 31:25 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint”
We invite you to celebrate with us at the fourth PHW Faith and Health Summit and first Western North Carolina Faith and Health Summit on March 13, 2020 in Hickory, NC:
- Congregations filled with people who believe that places of faith can support healthier communities
- Communities that are being transformed by the work of faithful congregations
- God’s care made visible in the places we live, eat and play
- That each of us is made imago dei: mind, body and spirit
There will be opening worship, opportunities to connect with local resource organizations, workshop sessions ranging from rural mental health access, healthy aging and community engagement, to the opioid crisis and harm reduction in faith communities. Come share laughter, celebration and connection. We are excited to have clergy and health leads from congregations leading some workshops at this year’s Summit and a Community Garden Tour of First UMC Hickory’s Paradise Garden.
Keynote Speaker: Wayne Dickert, pastor of Bryson City United Methodist Church
Other speakers include:
- Justine Post and Jaimie McGirt: Resourceful Communities
- Debra Kuykendall: North Carolina Baptist Aging Ministry
- Eric Reece: pastor of Robbinsville UMC
- Ashley Cole: Vaya Health
- Tina Miller: Area Agency on Aging
- Kevin Bates: UMC pastor/creator of new wild-church plant Into the Wilderness
- Parable Garden Committee of FUMC Hickory
- Michelle Mathis: The Olive Branch Ministry
For more information and details, click here to browse through our FAQ page.
*Promo codes are available to the primary health lead and pastor of PHW Collaborative member congregations.